1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small data files that the website being visited sends to your computer and whose purpose is to keep track of your visits and browsing activities. These files are stored on the user’s computer and contain data that is not harmful to your computer. They are used to keep a record of user preferences such as preferred language, login information and page customisation.
Cookies can also be used to record information about how a visitor uses a site. For example, information detailing how a website is accessed, or if a “banner” advert has been used to access the webpage.
This website uses “cookies” in the following way:
- Cookies application “Add-this”: Add-this is a free service that lets you share pages of this website by different means (email, social networks, etc.). Add-this compiles statistical information about your browsing to provide advertising adapted to your browsing habits on this site or elsewhere.
- Google Analytics Cookie: Google Analytics is a free service offered by Google Inc. to gather information about your browsing history: Which sites, at what time, using which browser, etc. This information is sent to Google Inc., in the United States.
- “Add-this” cookie application: Add-this is a free service that lets you share pages of this website through distinct media (email, social networks, etc.). Add-this compiles statistical information about your browsing to offer advertising pertinent to your browsing habits on this site or elsewhere.
3. WHAT FUNCTION DO THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOKIES HAVE?
Según su finalidad:
- Technical Cookies: Technical cookies are those which are essential for the proper functioning of a website and the use of different options and services. For example, they are the cookies whose function is to maintain session management, response time, performance and validation options, the use of security features, content sharing with social networks, etc
- Customisation Cookies: These cookies allow the user to specify or customise some features of the webpage settings. For example, the language, location and browser type.
- Analytical Cookies: Analytical Cookies are used by our web portal to develop navigation profiles and track user preferences to improve the range of products and services. For example, using an analytical cookie can manage the geographical areas of interest to a user, thereby making the product more useful, etc.
- Publicity / advertising cookies: Advertising cookies are used to manage advertising space based on specific criteria, such as the frequency of access, content preferences, etc. Through tracking browsing habits, compiling behavioural information and a profile of the user’s preferences, advertising cookies permit advert management customised to offer adverts related to your interest profile.
According to the term:
- Session Cookies: Session cookies are those in use only when the user is actively browsing a webpage and which are deleted when the user leaves the site.
- Persistent Cookies: Cookies which are stored on the user’s computer for a longer period to facilitate control of the preferences chosen, thereby avoiding the need to repeat certain procedures each time you visit the site.
4. SHALL I REMOVE OR LEAVE THE COOKIES?
To fulfil current requirements, we have to ask your permission to manage cookies. If you do not give your consent, we will only use technical cookies that are essential to your navigation of our website. In this case, no cookies will be stored. If you choose to browse on our website without giving authorization we presume you accept their use.
If however, you choose to modify the configuration, please be aware that it is possible to remove cookies or limit their use on your computer at any time by changing the settings on your browser:
- Cookie configuration for Internet Explorer.
- Cookie configuration for Firefox.
- Cookie configuration for Google Chrome.
- Cookie configurations for Safari.
Browsers are subject to regular upgrades or modifications; we can not guarantee that they are compatible with the most recent version on your computer. You may also choose to use another browser such as Konqueror, Arora, Flock, etc. To avoid any compatibilty issues, you can access directly using your browser options, which is usually in the ‘Privacy’ field of the Options menu (Please request more information from your browser.)
5. WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION?
You can find more information about cookies to: